Association of Air Conditioning Professionals
Posted August 31, 2017
CLOSING DATE: 09/19/17 05:00 PM
Non-traditional work hours are required for this position. This may include week-ends and holidays. The HVAC Maintenance Mechanic position does not require serving in an "On Call" status.
Work includes indoor and outdoor environment; subject to adverse weather conditions and noise. Position requires lifting, climbing, working from heights and in confined spaces. An employee in this position may be exposed to electrical shock.
The City of Tacoma offers a generous program of employee benefits including:
• Personal time off
• Paid holidays
• Great retirement plan
• Outstanding working conditions and a supportive work environment
• Medical, dental and life insurance coverage for eligible employees
• Deferred compensation allowing tax-deferred savings as authorized under Section 457 of the IRS Code
City of Tacoma Recruitment
As a part of Tacoma's 2025 Citywide Vision and Strategic Plan, the City has embraced the goal of the City of Tacoma workforce reflecting the community it serves. The City actively works to eliminate racial and other disparities and welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds and/or multicultural skill sets and experiences. Our goal is for Tacoma to be an inclusive and equitable place to live, work, and play.
An equivalent combination to: graduation from high school supplemented by training in mechanical and electrical work and one year journey-level experience in mechanical maintenance work, including experience in heating and air conditioning.
DESIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• May be required to obtain and maintain Class III Boiler License
• Class III Operating Engineer Certification desired
• Universal EPA Certification desired
• Methods, materials and tools used in the operation and maintenance of heating and air conditioning equipment used in large buildings.
• Methods, materials and tools used in the maintenance of a variety of mechanical and electrical equipment.
• Occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
• Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Health and safety regulations.
• Applicable building, electrical, plumbing, safety codes and regulations.
• Operate and maintain a variety of tools common to the trade including velometers, leak detectors, pressure gauges, arc and gas welding equipment, brazing and soldering torches, burning equipment and other related equipment.
• Operate, maintain and repair heating, air conditioning and a variety of other mechanical equipment.
• Perform welding, plumbing and pipe repair duties.
• Maintain simple records.
• Understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Plan and organize work.
• Read blueprint and pneumatic diagrams.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will have their responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire scored as the experience and training (E&T) test which will be used to establish an eligibility list for this job classification. Those who closely meet the business needs of the department may be invited to participate in the interview process.
Appointment is subject to passing a background check and a pre-employment medical exam and drug screen. This position is covered by a Labor Agreement between the City of Tacoma and Teamsters Local Union no. 117, Public Assembly Facilities (Tacoma Venue & Events) Unit. An employee in this position will be required to join the union within 30 days of hire. New employees must successfully complete a nine-month probationary period prior to obtaining permanent status in this classification.
Applicants who are separated or retired and are eligible for veterans scoring criteria (Veterans Preference) must attach a copy of their DD-214 member copy 4, (proof of military discharge form) at time of application, to be eligible for review for Veteran's Preference points.
Interested individuals must apply online and meet the minimum qualifications to progress in the examination process.
Applications are accepted online at www.cityoftacoma.org/jobs. Questions regarding this job announcement, please contact Human Resources at (253)591-5400 by 5:00 pm of the closing date of this job announcement.
Posted August 18, 2017
HVAC Service Technician wanted for a family owned and operated company founded in 1991- Bob Fox Air Conditioning and Heating Service & Installation. Friendly work environment.
Pay will be commensurate with experience. Good benefit package includes medical, dental and vision plan. Retirement and disability plan. Paid holidays and vacation. Company paid and supplied uniforms. Take-home vehicle.
Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 301-261-9488.