2021-2022 Academic Year Registration
The HVAC industry offers you an occupation which offers a competitive income and the ability to master a skill in which you can take pride. With skilled workers in great demand, the HVAC Industry offers you a career with year-round work and the opportunity for promotion.
Our four-year virtual apprenticeship program was developed after carefully assessing the needs of the HVAC industry. Upon successful completion of this program, each apprentice will receive:
- A career path
- Pride in themselves
- The opportunity to receive a Maryland Journeyperson's License without having to sit for the exam
Click here to learn more about:
QUALIFICATIONS TO BECOME AN APPRENTICE
These are the minimum qualifications for an apprentice.
- Be at least Sixteen  years of age. The applicant will provide proof of age.
- Completed at least the Ninth [9th] Grade of education. The applicant will provide a copy of a diploma or transcript of last grade completed.
- Provide a copy of a valid state-issued driver’s license.
- Be physically fit to perform the work of the occupation. A physical examination and/or a doctor’s certificate which states the applicant has the physical ability to perform the work, may be required.
- Have adequate means of transportation to his/her employer and/or job site.
- Provide occupation-related tools as required by the employer and be of legal age to handle the tools.
- Provide a copy of military service discharge papers [or Form DD214], if a veteran.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
The basic requirements to be in the apprenticeship program are:
- An individual can be unemployed to participate in the First Year, only.
- An individual must be employed by an AACP Member Company for each of the Second, Third and Fourth Year. See our Directory for AACP member companies.
The term of apprenticeship for the occupation shall be Eight Thousand [8,000] Hours plus a minimum of Five Hundred Seventy-Six  hours of related instruction over four  years.
- Maintain a state-issued Apprentice License during the program.
SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAM
To successfully complete the apprenticeship program, the following must be in order:
In order to be eligible to be awarded a Certificate of Completion of Apprenticeship, an apprentice must successfully complete both the required related instruction and on-the-job training while in the employ of and under the supervision of a registered apprenticeship program Sponsor. The apprentice can then apply for their Journeyperson's license without sitting for the exam.
Classes for the Apprenticeship Program will be held fully virtual. The apprentice will use an online learning platform, as well as video calls to participate in virtual classes and classwork.
If and as needed the apprentice will attend on-site instruction.
REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR FIRST TIME APPLICANT
Click the link to register. All registration and online profile information should match the applying apprentice.
**If you work with a member company of AACP, you will need to be added into the membership in order to pay the member price. The company bundle administrator or a member of the AACP team will need to do this for you. Please call us at 410-527-0780 or email email@example.com to reach an AACP team member.
Once completed registration, you will receive an email with AACP login credentials, as well as a registration confirmation.
Please note all first-year apprentices will need to upload the following upon registering:
- State-issued driver's license.
- High school diploma, GED Certificate or official transcript of the last grade completed [9th Grade or above].
- Military Discharge papers, if previously served in the United States military.
- State-issued Apprentice License.
REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR A RETURNING APPRENTICE
Click the link to register and use the apprentices AACP profile email to proceed. All registration information should match the applying apprentice.
Once completed registration, you will receive a registration confirmation.
To log into your online profile, use your email address as the username. If you forgot your password, click on Forgot Password and the system will assign and send you a temporary one. Once you receive the temporary password, log into your profile and update your password.
Tuition includes academic coursework, textbooks, a computer and required online program software:
- First-Time Applicant Tuition with Member Company - $1,800
- First-Time Applicant Tuition with NonMember Company - $2,800
- Returning Applicant Tuition - $1,700
Each tuition amount for first-time applicants and returning apprentices includes a $100 non-refundable administrative fee.
A Second, Third and Fourth Year apprentice must be employed with an AACP Member Company.
Unless other arrangements are approved in advance and in writing, tuition must be paid in full on or before June 28, 2021.
The Association of Air Conditioning Professionals, AACP, assumes no liability whatsoever with respect to any financial arrangement between the Apprentice and the Employer.
There is no refund of any tuition for an apprentice who leaves their employer and is unemployed, or who leaves the program. AACP will deactivate all program software on the laptop.