Registration will open May 1, 2023 and close June 30, 2023.
The Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning/Refrigeration industry, HVAC/R, refers to the mechanical systems used to heat, ventilate and cool indoor spaces. Homes and businesses require a licensed technician to install, maintain, and repair climate control units such as furnaces, air conditioners, and refrigerators.
Our four-year apprenticeship program, approved for HVAC technicians in both Maryland and Virginia, provides the required training to advance from an apprentice to a journeyperson.
With skilled workers in great demand, the HVAC/R Industry offers you a career with year-round work, an occupation with competitive income, and the opportunity for promotion.
THE VALUE OF OUR PROGRAM
- AACP is an official HVAC/R Apprenticeship Program Sponsor in Maryland and Virginia.
- Instructors are highly-regarded and recognized technicians with proven experience.
- Classes are online with required labs.
- Tuition includes textbooks, and access to the full-suite of Microsoft Office 365 software, our online learning module, an AACP email account, and access to our online On-The-Job Training system to record your hours while on the job, and from your smart device.
- Since 1988, over 700 apprentices graduated from our program and became a journeyperson.
Click here to learn more about:
QUALIFICATIONS TO BECOME AN APPRENTICE
These are the minimum qualifications for an apprentice.
- Be at least sixteen  years of age. The applicant will provide proof of age.
- Completed at least the ninth [9th] grade of education. The applicant will provide a copy of a diploma or transcript of last grade completed.
- Provide a copy of a valid state-issued driver’s license.
- Be physically fit to perform the work of the occupation. A physical examination and/or a doctor’s certificate which states the applicant has the physical ability to perform the work, may be required.
- Have adequate means of transportation to his/her employer and/or job site.
- Provide occupation-related tools as required by the employer and be of legal age to handle the tools.
- Provide a copy of military service discharge papers [or Form DD214], if a veteran.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
The basic requirements to be in the apprenticeship program are:
- An individual can be unemployed to participate in the first Year, only.
- An individual must be employed by an AACP member company for each of the second, third and fourth year. See our Directory for AACP member companies.
The term of apprenticeship for the occupation shall be eight thousand [8,000] hours plus a minimum of five hundred seventy-six  hours of related instruction over four  years.
- Maintain a state-issued Apprentice License during the program.
Classes for the Apprenticeship Program will be held virtual. The apprentice will use an online learning platform, as well as video calls to participate in virtual classes and classwork.
If and as needed the apprentice will attend on-site lab instruction.
REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR FIRST TIME APPLICANT
Click the link to register. All registration and online profile information should match the applying apprentice.
**If you work with a member company of AACP, you will need to be added into the membership in order to pay the member price. The company bundle administrator or a member of the AACP team will need to do this for you. Please call us at 410-527-0780 or email us to reach an AACP team member.
Once you complete registration, you will receive an email with AACP login credentials, as well as a registration confirmation.
Please note all first-year apprentices will need to upload the following upon registering:
- State-issued driver's license.
- High school diploma, GED Certificate or official transcript of the last grade completed [9th Grade or above].
- Military Discharge papers, if previously served in the United States military.
- State-issued Apprentice License.
First Time Applicants: Click Here to Register
REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR A RETURNING APPRENTICE
Click the link to register and use the apprentices AACP profile email to proceed. All registration information should match the applying apprentice.
Once completed registration, you will receive a registration confirmation.
To log into your online profile, use your email address as the username. If you forgot your password, click on Forgot Password and the system will assign and send you a temporary one. Once you receive the temporary password, log into your profile and update your password.
Returning Apprentices: Click Here to Register
Tuition for an apprentice includes academic coursework, textbooks, and required online program software.
| TUITION RATES
|| Early Bird
|| Close Call
|First-time apprentice w/
|First-time apprentice w/
|Returning apprentice w/
|Returning apprentice w/
The last day to register with Early Bird pricing is May 19, 2023.
Standard pricing will begin on May 20, 2023 and end on June 23, 2023.
Close Call pricing will begin on June 24, 2023 and registration will close June 30, 2023.
*A second, third and fourth year apprentice must be employed with an AACP member company.
Unless other arrangements are approved in advance and in writing, tuition must be paid in full on or before Monday, July 3, 2023.
The Association of Air Conditioning Professionals, AACP, assumes no liability whatsoever with respect to any financial arrangement between the apprentice and the employer.
There is no refund of any tuition for an apprentice who leaves their employer and is unemployed, or who leaves the program. AACP will deactivate all apprenticeship-related software on the laptop.